Wawa’s streak of experimentation in 2020 will proceed inside the months ahead with the introduction of quite a lot of dinner-time meals that may doubtless be examined at select retailers.
The Delaware County-based consolation retailer chain revealed a wide range of menu items it ought to take a look at and which will solely be on the market after 4 p.m.
• A burger that features all-natural angus beef, lighter bun, cheese and fries
• Penne or fettuccine pasta with alfredo, marinara or Bolognese, served with roasted greens, broccoli, roasted hen, meatballs and Asiago cheese
• Entrée platters, like braised hen, pork roast or pot roast, served with two sides
• Rotisserie-style hen and mac & cheese
• Six heat-and-eat meals, including penne hen alfredo with broccoli, hen and broccoli, hen breast, spicy boneless wings, penne pasta with meatballs and mac & cheese with BBQ pulled pork
This will doubtless be Wawa’s second strive at a hamburger after the company’s first go at it was not very favorably reviewed.
The burger and pasta items will doubtless be examined at roughly 15 Wawa areas all through the company’s territory, which covers six states and Washington, D.C.
More than 100 retailers will doubtless be piloting Wawa’s new rotisserie-style hen, whereas all retailers will carry the heat-and-eat meals.
“We’re grateful to our customers who frequent Wawa for breakfast, lunch, and grocery items, and are proud to introduce this new platform as another solution for making dinner easily accessible and satisfying for everyone,” talked about Mike Sherlock, Wawa’s chief product promoting officer. “We always strive to listen to our customers, so we’ve spent time testing menu items in select stores, gathering feedback and perfecting our recipes with the goal of providing a family, group of friends, etc. the ability to select their preferred dinner while still enjoying a meal together.”
The new items come after Wawa recently launched a Kids Meal and debuted Beyond Breakfast Sausage at its retailers. The agency can also be planning to open a pair of drive-thru areas in Bucks County and South Jersey.
Wawa’s new dinner menu items will doubtlessly be examined all through the approaching months, with extra progress to additional areas sooner than the tip of 2020.