Teen critically injured while playing ‘choking game’ donates organs, mom says




The family of an Indiana teen who was critically injured while reportedly making an attempt a “choking challenge” he seen on-line talked about that he donated his organs on Monday afternoon. Mason Bogard, an Evansville resident, was rushed to Deaconess Hospital closing Wednesday the place his family talked about he was in “extreme life-threatening critical condition.”

The teen’s mom, Joann Bogard, had been posting updates for household and mates on her Facebook net web page.

DOCTORS WARN AGAINST NEW ‘SHELL ON’ CHALLENGE

“Steve, Taylor, and I want to take this time to provide everyone with an update on Mason,” she wrote on May 5. “We felt it was important for the information to come from us so that there is no confusion on Mason’s current state. First and foremost, we want to thank everyone for the outpouring of love and support. During this unimaginable, heartbreaking time, we cannot express enough how much it has meant to our family. We felt every single prayer!”

Bogard talked about her son was “involved in an incident” on Wednesday night time, and that they “learned Mason attempted a challenge that he saw on social media and it went horribly wrong.”

“The challenge that Mason tried was the choking challenge,” she wrote. “The challenge is based on the idea that you choke yourself to the point of almost passing out and then stop. It’s supposed to create a type of high. Unfortunately, it has taken the lives of many young people too early and it will take our precious Mason.”

MEDICAL MIRACLES: CHILD BURN VICTIMS IN SYRIA BROUGHT TO US FOR LAST SHOT AT LIFE

While the “choking challenge” is not a model new phenomenon amongst youngsters, nicely being professionals have prolonged warned regarding the crucial and doubtlessly lethal penalties of making an attempt it. According to the American Academy of Pediatrics, the issue may be generally known as “Space Monkey,” “Flatliner,” Space Cowboy,” “Funky Chicken,” “Suffocation Roulette,” “Fainting Game,” “Blackout” “Passout” and “Sleeperhold.”

The AAP warned mom and father to watch for indicators of pink marks throughout the neck, belts, rope, ties or clothes that are found lying spherical bedrooms, confused habits, habits changes and bloodshot eyes. The AAP moreover generally known as for vigilance in monitoring kids’s’ on-line train.

Bogard made a similar plea in a single amongst her Facebook posts to supporters.

“Finally, we want to plead with you from the bottom of our hearts…please pay attention to what your children look at on social media,” Bogard talked about. “I know our kids always complain that we’re being overprotective but it’s ok, it’s our job.”

Earlier throughout the submit, Bogard talked about that after the hospital employees talked about there was nothing further they might do for her son, the family decided to donate his organs.

“While we are devastated that we will never experience so many things with Mason again, we are able to find some comfort in the fact that Mason will save the lives of others,” she talked about. “He would have wanted it this way. He was an extremely generous young man.”




Be the first to comment on "Teen critically injured while playing ‘choking game’ donates organs, mom says"

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.


*