A 12-year-old Michigan boy is affected by excessive burns after partaking in the “fire challenge” — and his mom is speaking out in an effort to warn completely different mom and father.
Jason Cleary, of Dearborn Heights, was collaborating on with a pal on Sept. 28 when his mom, Tabitha Cleary, heard screaming.
“So we came running out. That’s when we saw his friend Bryce riding him on the bike with no shirt on,” Cleary instructed WDIV-TV. “I start to freak out. ‘Take him to the hospital, take him to the hospital.’ I’m crying. He’s crying.”
‘FIRE CHALLENGE’ LEAVES MICHIGAN GIRL, 12, WITH SEVERE BURNS OVER HALF HER BODY
She said the 12-year-old boy suffered burns on his chin, chest, and stomach after he was sprayed with nail polish remover and lit on the fireside — part of a so-called “social media challenge” in which children delicate each other on the fireside.
What is the YouTube 'fire challenge'? Michigan boy badly burned by friend https://t.co/oRGqym7vh8
— Local 4 WDIV Detroit (@Local4News) October 4, 2019
Jason instructed the data outlet the first time he was set on the fireside, the flame “was little, and they swatted if off.” But on the second time, “they kept spraying it (nail polish remover) on me.”
The boy just isn’t the first child to participate in this dangerous craze. A 12-year-old girl in Detroit was left with 49 p.c of her physique burned in August 2018 after collaborating in the issue.
Her mom instructed WJBK on the time that the woman was hanging out with two mates at her house when she grew to change into “engulfed in flames” after apparently mimicking a video she seen on YouTube.
Another child, 13-year-old Miyah Landers, was moreover burned throughout an identical time, after unintentionally being lit on the fireside by a pal.
Jason’s mom is attempting to warn the mom and father about such challenges — and urging them to watch their children.
“I just want everybody to know that these challenges, or whatever they are watching on YouTube, is not worth your risking your life,” Cleary said. “I mean, my son got burns second-degree and could have been way, way worse.”