A Middlebury, Indiana family grieving the loss of their 10-year-old daughter declare bacterial meningitis killed the youthful girl merely days after she complained of an ear an an infection.
The mom and father of Abbigayle Dipietro not too way back knowledgeable WSBT-22 she was recognized with an ear an an infection in early February. A pair of days later, Abbigayle reportedly vomited and suffered a seizure sooner than falling proper right into a coma and dying not prolonged after.
WHAT IS BACTERIAL MENINGITIS? SIGNS, SYMPTOMS AND TREATMENT FOR THE INFECTION
The 10-year-old’s mom and father knowledgeable the knowledge station they didn’t know what meningitis was until it was too late. Now, Tasha Dipietro-Anderson, Abbigayle’s mother, is warning others to be looking for indicators of the likely deadly an an infection — which usually incorporates nausea, vomiting, sensitivity to delicate, confusion, fever, headache and a stiff neck, in line with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
“If there is any of those symptoms, whether you think it’s just a migraine or flu, push to have as much blood work and testing done as you can,” Dipietro-Anderson knowledgeable the knowledge station.
DEADLY ‘ZOMBIE’ DEER DISEASE COULD POSSIBLY SPREAD TO HUMANS, EXPERTS WARN
While most people get higher from meningitis, in line with the CDC, dying can occur “in as little as a few hours.”
“If we’d have acknowledged what it could have led to, [we] would have in all likelihood tried to do further,” the mom added.