Florida woman says dad died of flesh-eating bacteria less than 48 hours after entering water




A Tennessee man died merely 48 hours after contracting a flesh-eating bacteria from waters in Florida after his daughter says the hospital he was dealt with at ignored her warnings that he had contracted necrotizing fasciitis.

Cheryl Bennett Wiygul, a resident of Okaloosa County, talked about her mom and father had come down from Memphis to spend a number of days alongside along with her remaining week.

During their hold, the family spent a number of days throughout the water, along with at seaside in Destin, a creek and a swamp in Boggy Bayou. Wiygul talked about she had heard the present research of people in Florida contracting a flesh-eating bacteria and in consequence, she took additional precautions alongside along with her father, who was beforehand recognized with most cancers.

FLORIDA WOMAN RECOVERING FROM FLESH-EATING BACTERIA INFECTION AS DOCTOR WARNS CASES LIKELY TO RISE

“When my parents got in town I was fanatical about Neosporin and liquid bandaid,” she talked about in a Facebook publish on Wednesday. “My Dad didn’t have any open wounds. He had a couple of places that were practicality healed small scratches on his arms and legs that I made sure were super sealed up. My mom religiously sun-blocked him. We were taking precautions and we were good, so I thought.”

Wiygul talked about that at around 4:00 a.m. Saturday – some 12 hours after being throughout the water – her father began to complain of fever, chills and some cramping. The family decided that will probably be most interesting if he has dealt with once more in Tennessee the place the docs had been already acquainted along with his earlier well-being factors.

They left later that morning the place the indicators worsened. He was taken to a hospital in Memphis at around 8 p.m.

Wiygul talked about that whereas her father was turning into his hospital gown, employees saw a “terrible swollen black spot on his back” that had not beforehand been there. Her mother despatched her a picture and Wiygul instantly acknowledged what was incorrect alongside along with her father.

FLORIDA MAN SAYS HE CONTRACTED FLESH-EATING INFECTION DESPITE NOT ENTERING WATER 

“I told her to tell them he was in the water in Florida and it was necrotizing fasciitis. She told everyone that came in the room. One person told her the media had blown that out of proportion. Others said it was staph. They would not biopsy it,” her extended Facebook publish study.

The man’s conditioned worsened regardless of being dealt with antibiotics, and at around 1 a.m. he turned septic and coded a short time after. He was launched once more by medical employees nevertheless his properly being continued to say no.

“Less than 48 hours after getting out of the water feeling great, the bacteria had destroyed him,”

— Cheryl Bennett Wiygul

“My dad had a lot of medical issues but the heart was not one of them. They had to intubate him. He coded again. They said his organs were too damaged and his blood was too acidic to sustain life,” Wiygul talked about. “He was gone by Sunday afternoon.”

Wiygul talked about that the hospital carried out checks which confirmed that her father had in reality contracted vibrio vulnificus which manifested into necrotizing fasciitis.

She blamed the seashores for not posting advisories about any bacteria throughout the water, together with that her father may have been alive at current had she recognized the dangers.

“Less than 48 hours after getting out of the water feeling great, the bacteria had destroyed him,” she wrote. “I would never have taken my Dad in the water if there was a bacteria advisory but it would have been because I didn’t want him to get a stomach virus not because I thought it would kill him.”

Wiygul shared her dad’s story hoping it’s going to shed further delicate on a vital state of affairs that she feels most individuals lacks primarily essentially the most basic knowledge on.

“I do believe if there was a simple sign posted about the risk of swimming with an open wound or an immune disorder, we wouldn’t have let him get in … here is information out there but I didn’t find it all until it was too late. I don’t want this to happen to anyone else.”




Be the first to comment on "Florida woman says dad died of flesh-eating bacteria less than 48 hours after entering water"

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.


*