Florida man says Apple AirPods exploded while he was working out

Florida man says Apple AirPods exploded while he was working out




Jason Colon was utilizing his AirPods to hearken to music throughout a piece out at LA Health in St. Petersburg when one of many wi-fi buds began to emit a haze of white smoke, he advised WFLA.

The Tampa resident set the earphones down on a bit of health club gear to get assist, however the appropriate AirPod had shattered by the point he returned.

“I didn’t, you realize, see it occur, however I imply it was already fried,” Colon mentioned. “You possibly can see the place it appears like there’s flame injury.”

He described the incident because the “craziest factor I ever went via” and mentioned he was relieved that he managed to drag the ear bud out in time.

“I don’t know what wouldn’ve occurred to my ear,” Colon advised the information station. “However I’m certain that because it hangs down, it might’ve been my ear lobe, you realize, my ear lobe might’ve been burnt.”

Colon suspects a defective battery is behind the incident — in keeping with Apple, a failed digital battery can result in inner injury and overheating.

Jason Colon’s Apple AirPods exploded whereas he was figuring out at an LA Health in St. Petersburg, Florida.  (WFLA)

An Apple spokeswoman advised WFLA the corporate is investigating the incident and that it intends to succeed in out to Colon.

The Apple AirPods are amongst many in style tech gadgets which have turned life-threatening.

Samsung in 2016 recalled its Galaxy Be aware 7 after its defective battery induced a few of them to blow up.

It was linked to “26 studies of burns and 55 studies of property injury, together with fires in automobiles and a storage,” in keeping with a U.S. Product Security Fee recall.

Colon added that he hopes his incident will permit others to be extra conscious sooner or later.

“Simply because it occurs to me doesn’t imply it gained’t occur once more,” he mentioned.