Aunt’s heartbroken warning after teen’s accidental overdose goes viral

Aunt’s heartbroken warning after teen’s accidental overdose goes viral

Jake Morales, left, and Gunner Bundrick, correct, died in “unintended overdoses” earlier this month after they ingested tablets laced with fentanyl.
(Fox 10 Phoenix)

The heartbroken aunt of an Arizona teen who police talked about died of an unintended overdose after he and his good buddy ingested tablets laced with fentanyl is speaking out regarding the dangers of “experimenting” with drugs.

Gunner Bundrick and Jake Morales, every 19, had been found unresponsive on Nov. three by Bundrick’s mother — a medical knowledgeable later dominated the youngsters had died due to a mix of illicit drugs, fentanyl and 4-ANPP.

In a Nov. 20 Fb submit, Brandi Bundrick Nishnick, Bundrick’s aunt, talked about she wanted to clear up any misconceptions about her nephew whereas moreover telling his story. She impressed others to share her submit inside the hopes of saving lives.
“Gunner went out with buddies on Friday evening time,” she wrote, partially. “They acquired right here once more to my brothers [sic] residence late and stayed up consuming pizza and having fun with video video video games – like most 19 yr earlier boys do. In some unspecified time sooner or later all through the evening, Gunner, and his good buddy, took a capsule stamped Percocet. The extraordinarily fashionable and easily accessible ache killer.”

MOM OF three EXPECTING TWINS NEEDS BONE MARROW DONOR TO SAVE LIFE
Nishnick talked about her nephew had no recognized historic previous of drug use and was certainly not a “draw back child.” She described him as a star athlete and well-known member of the group.
“We don’t know why he decided to take ‘a capsule’ that evening time,” she wrote inside the submit that has been shared larger than 824,000 events and garnered virtually 400,000 reactions. “The one issue we are going to assume is that the curiosity of understanding that the ‘extreme’ is like acquired right here into play? As soon as extra, we are going to solely assume. His good buddy moreover took a capsule. Every boys died what we predict was pretty immediately. Every went to sleep and certainly not wakened.”
Nishnick talked about makes an try to revive the boys by her sister-in-law and paramedics proved futile, as that they’d been lifeless for hours.
“The tablets Gunner and his good buddy took had been on the very least laced with fentanyl,” she wrote, which the medical knowledgeable’s report confirmed. “We’re nonetheless prepared on research nevertheless there is a good likelihood it was larger than 50 p.c fentanyl. That’s enough poison to kill 10 grownup males.”
UK HOSPITAL ON ALERT AFTER DRUG-RESISTANT SUPERBUG DETECTED ON WARDS
Fentanyl is a potent, synthetic opioid that’s 50 to 100 events stronger than morphine. It’s accepted to cope with excessive ache, typically in superior most cancers victims, nevertheless in response to the Amenities for Sickness Administration and Prevention (CDC), newest situations of fentanyl-related harm, overdose and dying are linked to illegally-made variations of the drug, and supplied by the use of illegal distributors. It is sometimes mixed with heroin or cocaine with or with out the individual’s knowledge.
“One unhealthy various, one foolish minor mistake was all it took,” she wrote. “Gunner certainly not had a chance. It’s very pure to be curious and want to ‘experiment’ with points at Gunner’s age. Keep in mind as soon as we had been in [high school] and kids considered experimenting with cigarettes?? It’s a singular time now. Kids are experimenting with tablets on account of they assume they’re safe. They’ve seen them of their dad and mother medicine cabinets from their moms automotive accident ultimate yr or from when their dad threw out his once more. They seem harmless.”
“These aren’t the tablets in your dad and mother medicine cabinet,” she warned. “They’re made in anyone’s storage who’s attempting to make a buck…a buck on the expense of our kids’s lives. THERE CAN BE NO EXPERIMENTING. None. It’s truly a matter of life or dying. Chances are you’ll’t see fentanyl. Chances are you’ll’t odor fentanyl.”
Nishnick ended her submit by urging dad and mother to level out their teen children her nephew’s image and to tell them his story.

Be the first to comment on "Aunt’s heartbroken warning after teen’s accidental overdose goes viral"

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.


*